OK, so I didn’t post on Friday – I should have. I sponsored a crop Friday night and was a little too busy to post. I think I would have weighed less on Friday. 😦 I’m maintaining right now but I’m happy to say that I have been exercising. I even went spinning at 5:20am this morning.
A couple of things I’ve learned throughout my years of dieting…
* Don’t weigh yourself the morning after eating pasta. I’m not sure if it’s the carbs or what, but I’m ALWAYS heavier after pasta.
* Do weigh yourself after eating a dinner of lean meat and veggies. I usually have good results after a healthy dinner such as above. I tend to eat my carbs earlier in the day and then eat more protein for dinner.
* I know the books say don’t weigh yourself everyday – I do. It will help you understand what works for you. You just have to take the good with the bad. If you know you ate a large piece of chocolate cake at midnight then yep, you’re probably going to gain…accept it and move on.
* I can’t do low-carb diets. I have to be able to eat some carbs. If I deprive my body then I will end up binging. Something like Weight Watchers works great for me. If I fall off the horse then I know I can get right back on the next day. With low-carb/no-carb diets…they actually change the way your body is digesting food. If you throw in some carbs one day then you’ve messed up the process and have to start all over again.
* Exercise will do so much more for you than just help you lose weight. I’ve been incredibly stressed lately. Exercise has been the LAST thing on my mind, however it should be a priority. I will be the first to tell you that it has helped my mood do a 360 in the last 2 weeks.
* Water, water, water…I have a problem with diet Pepsi. I’m slowly getting more H2O into my routine. It absolutely makes a difference.
* I keep cut-up veggies on hand all the time. Yes, I must eat them with dip, but I still get my veggies in and they are very filling. I keep them in a container in the fridge and pull them out while cooking dinner. I get filled up with veggies and eat less for dinner.
Just my 2 cents.
Hope you all have a great week!