Fun bits for the week of June 30th:
* I’m so proud of Leah. She practiced and practiced and can do a cartwheel now. I just figured she would learn it at gymnastics or somewhere when she got a little older, but no, she was determined to learn how to do it NOW.
I know…in a dress?!?! The girl only wears dresses.
* The girls enjoyed the local 4th of July parade – even though it was raining. All 3 enjoyed the music from the high school marching bands. Kami was dancing on the side of the street and Brooke was bopping up and down in her stroller seat.
* Kami has been talking so much more. Some of my favorites are “hup, Mom” (help, Mom), “tay” (OK), “bienty” (blankie), and “chu-chew” (thank you). She is so good about saying “thank you” for everything! It just makes me smile!
* Brooke has started speaking more as well. She has been saying the usual “Da Da” and “Ma Ma” but the other night I asked her to say “night, night” and she said “nigh, nigh”. So sweet!
* Kami, Brooke and I were hanging out this weekend while Eric and Leah were at a wedding in Iowa. Saturday evening, we had just finished dinner and Kami wanted to watch a show. I took Brooke out of her high chair and noticed that she still had blueberry stuck to her. I set her down to take her pants off and of course she took off. As I’m trying to clean up blueberry on our tan colored carpet, Kami is persistently saying ” wan a sew, wan a sew, wan a sew (want a show)”. I proceeded to tell her in a loud voice that I needed to clean up things that she would have to wait a minute. About 30 seconds later, I hear this little whisper “sew, sew, wan a sew”. It still makes me chuckle.
* Since we are being more consistent about keeping the gates closed, Brooke has had to find other things to get into – now it’s dog food. After getting into it – oh, 20+ times on Saturday, I picked her up and looked her in the face and said a stern “No”. She looked at me and started shaking her head “no”. What?!?! Can you see me with 3 teenage girls in 13 years!
* Speaking of dog food (or dog water in this case)…Kami decided to mop our laundry room floor with her July 4th top and Lily’s (dog) water. Sorry I don’t have a picture of that to share. 😦
* Kami giving Leah a big hug when she got home from Iowa. Loved it!
* I had my first press check last Thursday and my official first lot to stock was printed! Yeah!